Friday, October 8, 2010

Healthy Chocolate Cake with Olive Oil and Black Seed


I love cakes but I hate the guilt that comes with it.
So I tried to make it as healthy as possible with added fiber and Black Seed *. I made this cake 3 times so far .

Ingredients A:
2 cups flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp dried mint leaves chopped
2/3 tsp ground black seed (Nigella Sativa)
1 cup cocoa powder

Ingredients B:
2/3 cup extra virgin ogranic olive oil
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp orange flower water
3 organic egg
3/2 cup cream or milk

Methods:
1) Heat oven 250 C/480 F.
2) Coat pan with oil
3) Mix ingredients A well
4) Blend olive oil , star anise and sugar in a blender for 1 minute.
5) Add in egg. Blend for 2 minutes
6) Alternatively mix in ingredients A and cream bit by bit until just incorporated.
7) Reduce oven heat to 200 C/392F
7) Put into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes

*Black Seed-
The Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him) said
"Use this Black seed, it has a cure for every disease except death". (Sahih Bukhari)

I know it sounds simple but t
his is backed by hundreds of scientific studies for the past 50 years until today.


I had a few regrets regarding this seeds. One of my friends wanted to buy 1 kg of it from me but I didn't sell it to her due to limited stock at that time. She was diagnosed with colon cancer before eating it. Anyhow she was already cured and I thought its
was just to supplement her health
. Later on one of her friends told me her brother was paralyzed and that was why she wanted it very badly. Sad right?

More scientific researches need to be done on black seeds as there are modern diseases and the saying of the prophet might not be applicable for all diseases today.




You might also like:
Article link
Halal HomeMade Ice Cream Recipe
Article link
Why Desert Truffle is Special
Article link
Delicious Pakistani Pudding
Article link
Where Every Muslim faces turn to
Article link
Marriage Malay Borneo Style
Article link
Steps to Make Sushi with Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment