Pakistani Cooking use less spices than it's Indian counterpart and unlike in Indian recipes, they use yogurt to give it fatty creamy taste.
7 pieces chicken
1 cup oil/ghee . Ghee is clarified butter. You can buy this from Middle Eastern or Indian shops
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic, chopped
1 cm ginger, grated
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chilli pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp whole cumin
1/2 -1 tsp garam masala (as you prefer)
1 tsp coriander powder
3 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp yogurt
1/2 cup of water
2 potatoes, cubed
1 cup of water
1) Heat the oil. Fry the onion,ginger and garlic until translucent
2) Add Chicken and salt
3) leave to fry for 5-8 minutes or until light brown. Drain the oil if you wish.
4) Add the rest of spices, yogurt,tomato and 1/2 cup of water
5) Cook until the oil separates from the water.
6) Add 1 cup of water and potato and let boil until potatoes are tender.
7) Serve with rice.