Friday, March 19, 2010

Desert Lizard

This is my own Spiny Tailed Lizard (uromastyx microlepis) in Arabic الضب that I brought from the desert of Algeria. Its skinned and preserved. I love weird stuff.


This is how it looks like in real life.

When skinned. No you don't eat the organs or the eggs. YUCK!!
When cooked YUMMY!!
Its eaten by the people of the desert and cooked in many ways . OK you can go to the toilet now! UWWEEEEKKK



You might also like:
article link
Types of Kebaya
article link
How to Make Ghee
Article link
Life in Sweden
Article link
North African Carpet
Article link
Get married Minang style / Berkahwin gaya Minang
Article link
Fermented Food Worldwide




2 comments:

  1. Salam Jehan,

    Interesting post. I googled around and found this group discussing on this matter. http://muslimmatters.org/2008/07/10/sunnah-of-the-dhab-lizard-delicacy/
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alaikumsalamwbh. I clicked on the link and surprise that they said it tastes like chicken. I have never tasted this one day. But sure will if I get the chance :D

      Delete