In the name of God, the Most Loving, the Most Merciful
This recipe and picture below are taken from here
5 cups glutinous rice
5 1/2 cups coconut milk or water
3 cups dessicated coconut soaked in water or 300g freshly grated coconut
50g / 1.76 oz /8 tablespoon dried shrimp
1 tbsp chilli powder or according to your taste
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
banana leaves (if you don't have any, you can substitute it with sushi nori leaves)
1) Cook ingredients A for 10 minutes or until rice is thoroughly cooked.
2) finely grate or pound ingredients B.
3) Heat oil and fry ingredients B until it dries.
4) Heat the banana leaves/nori leaves lightly on fire to soften it
If you are using banana leaves
5) Place the rice and filling onto the banana leaves and fold as shown below.
6) Grill until the banana leaves turn light brown
If you are using nori leaves
5) Use the quick Arab grilling method by clicking here to smoke the rice and filling. Leave it for around 15 minutes.
6) Place the rice and filling onto the nori leaves and roll it as you do for normal sushi. Click here to learn how to make sushi.
7) If you have time you can grill the pulut panggang sushi again as shown below